Push To Talk
Push To Talk
The Push To Talk feature allows users treat their desktop phones as either a one-way or two-way intercom. Site administrators can configure the following Push To Talk settings for users:
Approved and Blocked User Lists - Set the list of assigned users to represent either an Approved or Blocked list. The approved list represents approved push to talk callers for each user. The blocked list represents the push to talk callers not allowed to interact with the user. For example, you can create an approved list for Jim, in the warehouse, for all customer service reps to allow them to push to talk to Joe regarding inventory, delivery schedules, etc., and create a blocked list for Jim of all the sales reps so they do not constantly check on order status’ and special requests that can interrupt Jim during his busy day.
One-Way or Two-Way Settings - One-way only allows the configured user to place Push to Talk calls to other users. Two-way enables communication between the users in both directions.
Note: Users dial *50 and the extension to place Push to Talk calls. Push to Talk must be configured for both parties. For example, Bob wants to Push to Talk with Ann. Ann must have Bob listed on her Push to Talk feature and Bob must have Ann listed on his.
Setting Up Push To Talk for Users
- Log in to the admin portal.
- Select the Users tab in the left-hand navigation.
- Find the user you would like to configure and select the Actions drop-down menu.
- Select Edit.
- In the Edit User window, select Push to Talk under Advanced in the left-hand navigation menu.
- To enable, select the toggle next to Push to Talk. When enabled and the user receives a Push To Talk call, their phone automatically answers the call-in speakerphone mode.
- Select the Connection Type. Options include:
- One-Way - One-way communication between the user and other users in the site.
- Two-Way - Two-way communication between the user and other users in the site.
- Select the Type of Access for Users. Options include:
- Approved Users.
- Blocked Users.
- Select users from the Find and assign search bar.
- Select Save to save your changes.