Simultaneous Ring (also known as Sim Ring) is a Mobility feature that, when enabled, rings your office phone and another phone of your choice at the same time. Additionally, rules can be assigned to this feature so calls will ring your Simultaneous Ring phones only during certain times of the day, days of the week, or from specific phone numbers.
Note: Only the site administrator can set up users in the My Phone Next portal. Contact your site administrator if you do not have access to the My Phone Next portal.
Setting Up Simultaneous Ring
The Simultaneous Ring feature allows you to ring your office phone and another phone of your choice at the same time.
- From the My Phone Next portal, click the Call Settings menu option. Scroll down to Simultaneous Ring.
- To enable Simultaneous Ring, click on the toggle button to the right of the text. When it’s enabled, it will turn to color from grayscale. To disable, click on the toggle button again, when disabled, it should change from color back to grayscale.
- Once enabled enter a valid Phone Number into the fields provided. You can add up to 10 numbers to ring simultaneously when your phone receives an incoming call. You can also choose to not have these numbers ring when you’re on the phone.
- Once your numbers have been entered, you can now create a rule in which this feature will take effect. To do this, select a Pre-Defined Schedule from the drop-down menu and click the Add Schedule button (to create a schedule, see the section on creating Schedules).
- The Apply a Schedule box should appear.
- Make sure your “When” field shows which schedule you currently want to use.
- Select the numbers for this specific alert. You can either choose Any Phone Number (to get alerts for all calls) or Select Phone Numbers (to get alerts for specific calls).
- Choose Ring or Don’t Ring.
- Click the Save button.
- On the main screen, click the Save button to finalize your Simultaneous Ring function.
Note: By selecting “Answer Confirmation” the call recipient will be prompted to press any key before being connected. This is useful when you want the call recipient to know that the call is not meant specifically for them.
Adding a New Schedule
Schedules allow you to apply specific call settings at different times of the day or week.
- From the My Phone Next Portal, click the Call Settings menu option.
- Click the Schedules tab.
- Click the New Schedules tab
- Enter the Schedule Name.
- Select the appropriate Start Date/Time and End Date/Time. If applicable, mark All Day Event or Repeats.
- Click Save.